Friday, July 11, 2008

The Train to Seward




There are far too many pictures to share and it is so hard to choose only a few to post on here. These are some of the view from the train trip South to Seward today! I can't soak it in enough and I ran down one camera battery and had to get out the big one. BTW the new camera is quite a gem!! I luv it!! As you can see in the pictures it was a gloomy day, but we were smiling anway enjoying this view. There was an awesome glacier and the mountains never stopped! Rivers and lakes and we even saw dall sheep and lots of eagles along the way. Somebody did claim to spot a bull moose, which I am dying to see, but we never saw it! Yesterday on the train we saw 5 moose though and I was so excited!
We are now at the Seward Windsong Lodge and waiting for our room to be ready. Which I will never hear the end of all of the hurry up and waiting and sitting from this trip!! But for the beauty of it all I say it's worth it!! Tomorrow we are off in the morning for a Kenai Fjords Tour that will last most of the day and provide us with a lunch and Jim's favorite awaited Salmon Bake! I'm sure I will need both batteries for the camera tomorrow! So glad to hear from you all and that you are really enjoying this blog! I enjoy sharing it all with you! Mike and Barb, so good to hear from you and we had just rode on the bus with a couple from Australia and told them to tell you guys Hello when they go home!
Miss you all!! Well a little anyways!

1 comment:

Maria said...

So cool!!!!!!!!!