Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Glacier Bay






Yesterday was Tuesday and the only way we remember is that the rug in the elevator reminds us each time we get in. We spent all day floating in Glacier Bay and it was the most beautiful area you can imagine. If I can get this internet to give me enough high speed to download a couple of pictures you will see what I mean. The verandah room has been worth every penny lol to have a front door seat to the outside and to be able to run back in and get warm. We enjoyed the afternoon with a glacier calving right outside our deck and the evening watching whales jump and play and spout their tops! It is just amazing.

Today we are in Haines and will be heading into the very small town to take a short tour of the famous Brewery with a few samples I am told and then on to watch them smoke some salmon. I am pretty sure Jim will be sampling that!
Thanks for the update on our garden Jack and hope you are enjoying our vegees!! LOL Also if you think you are too old for another trip up here I can come along and drag you here and there and everywhere just like I am Jim!! :) That goes for anybody else too!
I got some really awesome video of glaciers calving and whales diving yesterday too! I think any of you should hire me as your vacation photographer!! Miss you all!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous

Anonymous said...

Sandi says:
Everytime I come to the blog, I am amazed at the pictures - it's very easy to see why that part of the country is called "God's Country". Who else could do such beautiful work and not screw things up!!:=)

Thanks for sharing your vacation - it's been a ride of a lifetime - if only by photos - but you know what they say - a picture is worth a thousand words.

Travel safely back to Michigan - can't wait to see all of the photos.

Love ya,
Sandi

Maria said...

WOW!!! Looks so cool....luv it! I'. melting away in the 90 degree NYC heat...YUCK!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharring your adventure with us. When looking at the pictures it is amazing how I feel so relaxed and in awe and that is just looking at them. The up close and personal must be a million times better. I am so glad that you got to experience this. Now hurry back home so we can see all the pictures and hear all the stories.