Monday, July 14, 2008

ON BOARD!







Well we have been board our ship for a full day now! The first discovery was that the internet is not FREE here so I am limiting my time on the computer. So if the postings aren't quite as often you will understand why! I am glad you all are enjoying the pictures, but the beauty of them is nothing like being here! But it's the best I can do unless we win the LOTTO and bring you all with us next time!
We set sail at 8pm last night and enjoyed the scenery as we left Seward. Once out into the Gulf the movement was a little more persuasive and we are at the back of the ship and on the 7th deck so I think we are feeling it more. It's more of a gradual rocking back and forth like in a cradle! The view from the verandah is awesome though and we had coffee out there this morning and were awed by about 5 or 6 glaciers in Prince William Sound. I will have to post some pictures to this later as I need to download them while not wasting my minutes of internet time!
We just got done with our mandatory life boat drill and I sure hope we never need it. I had some difficulty being stuffed into that life jacket but since we were on the open deck and had fresh air I managed to get through it ok.
We have already enjoyed our share of eating and I have yet to get my first walk in. I will definetely be joing in on a 5K walk for Breast Cancer on Friday morning, so I had better get back in the swing of things.
Today is a leisure day at sea but not too far out that we don't have scenery to enjoy! The comments from you all are great! Somebody please let us know how our garden is doing?? It's easy to post a comment, just sign in as annyonomous! Will post more great pictures soon! My fellow Board members I am sorry I won't be there tonight but I have a good excuse!!

5 comments:

Maria said...

SO FRIGGIN COOL!

Anonymous said...

Debby Says....You were looking kinda miserable in that pic, don't be so sad! lol

Kristin, Rod, and Victoria said...

That glacier looks cool!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Penny --- Don't worry about your garden ...I went down today and harvested it ! ! THANX ! ! We had a good rain tonight so it may bring on another yield later this summer.
We're enjoying all your adventures with you! Sounds like a G R E A T T R I P ! ! Wish I wasn't sooo old ...I'd do it again!
Jack Cournyer

Anonymous said...

Sandi says... Your excuse for missing your board meeting is pretty lame!!! Taking a vacation for God sakes - what were you thinking!!!!
I have so enjoyed traveling along with you and Jim - According to the picture from your deck, you need to perk up a bit - get with it girl - things could be worse - I can't think of how, but someway they could. I can't wait to see all of your pictures when you get back. Continue to enjoy - you rat:=)!
Love ya, Sandi