Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Saying Goodbye!





The old saying "Time sure flies when you're having fun" is so true! I can't believe it's time for us to head home already. But we knew it was going to be a quick trip and we were just glad to be able to come and visit for such a special occassion. I think that Jim might not be able to handle too many more days of this 95 degree temps, but my brother turned the air conditioner down to 76 for our benefit and he is freezing!!

It has been windy here too, so that allowed us to sit outside in the mornings before the sun came over top of us. Then of course every evening after the sun goes down the neighborhood family meets at my brothers house. Some of it is for the BLB (Bud Light in a Bottle) but mostly for the friendship. We have met many of them and some that I met about 10 years ago. They are just like a little family and take care of each other in times of need. Of course John is like their do-it-all handyman guy that they call on in a time of need too. Of course he is the "Maintenance Man" (Supervisor) of a big apartment complex! But I know that any of them would drop everything to help him in a time of need too and I have seen it before.

Yesterday we went bowling, which is a common thing for me! But Jim hasn't bowled in at least 10 years. Of course neither of us could get used to the non sliding shoes that the bowling alley supplies, but we kept on trying. I thought that Jim would give up after the first game of trying to learn how again and sweating his butt off, but he hung right in there and bowled 3 games with us. He swore me to secrecy on his scores!! LOL Not really, he actually made it over 100 once! Of course Johnny beat me all 3 games even after giving me a little chance to pass him up one game. But my excuse is not having my own ball and shoes and I'm sticking to it! Then there's Crissie who mostly was there to look pretty as she always does!! We won't mention her scores either but she had fun too! Ashlie came as our spectator and laughed at us all!

It's going to be hard to say goodbye today, because we aren't really sure when we will see each other again. The usual meeting at Dad's house for Christmas or Spring Break or summer vacation is no longer an option. So now that we have made the trip here, it's John's turn to travel to our house! The girls like to come in the winter and see the snow and play in it so maybe for Christmas this year or next! At least we can keep in touch by computers for now!

Hopefully our flights home will go smoothly today! I am not even nervous yet and not going to take any drugs. Our first flight isn't until 12:55 central time. Of course I will update this along the way if we get delayed again. Otherwise I will post tomorrow after we are safe and sound at home!!

No comments: